#64 (In Topic #53)
installation issues and getting started tipsSo I downloaded cytopia install from itch.
There is no README or INSTALL bundled and no instructions on github.
I tried starting the binary file 'Cytopia' in a terminal.
It starts but nothing happens, process just hangs in background. No UI/UX ever appears.
There's no list of required dependencies, but ldd looks fine:
~/Desktop/cytopia-linux-ci $ ldd Cytopia
libXau.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0x00007f5d9373e000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f5d93738000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f5d93715000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f5d93534000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f5d933e5000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f5d933ca000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f5d931d6000)
I tried running Cytopia –help to see if there was extra debugging… and all of a sudden, it worked!
No idea why, I tried starting/restarting it several times. Anyways hopefully this benefits others who have same issue.
I was able to successfully:
- add power
- change simulation speed
- add roads and some zones
- get some residents to move in.
- how to rotate (tried all 3 mouse buttons, ctrl/alt/shift/arrows/pgupdown/asdw/space/ and other combos)
- where stats are displayed, is there a budget/funds?
- how to add industrial (not sure if i ran out of funds?)
- meaning of all sub icons (eg when choosing zones, there are more zones than i'd expect and not labeled)
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.